This is the Dune 101 product page, where you can purchase this course. If you want more information, visit the Dune 101 course page.
This course is designed to be an accessible introduction to Frank Herbert’s science fiction novel Dune. It includes lessons and optional quizzes on the following topics:
- Overview of the setting and major factions in Dune
- Frank Herbert’s biography and important influences on his writing
- Historical context of the U.S. in the mid-20th century and how Dune was received
- Politics and religion in Dune
- Ecology and the environment in Dune
- Characters and consciousness in Dune
- Heroes in Dune
- Women’s power in Dune
Whether you’ve read Dune or not, seen one of the film/TV adaptations or not, if you’re curious to know more about what Dune is all about, this course will help you understand some of the many complexities in this bestselling science fiction story, and why it is still relevant today.
Interested in purchasing as a gift?
Email email@example.com after purchase to switch your registration details with a gift recipient’s.